Author: Barclay M Newman
Publisher: Hendrickson Publishers
Page Count: 736
Special Order Item
The Reader’s Edition combines the Bible text of the latest edition of the UBS4 Greek New Testament, edited by Barbara Aland, et. al., with a running Greek-English Dictionary, compiled by Barclay M Newman. It now also includes textual notes compiled by Florian Voss that provide an overview of the most important differences between major Greek manuscripts. Old Testament references are included in the margin.
• Greek Bible text of UBS4.
• Translation of all vocabulary items occurring 30 times or less in the New Testament
at the bottom of each page
• Definitions of idiomatic word combinations
• Parsing of all difficult verb forms
• Reader-friendly layout enabling the reader to transfer easily from text to dictionary and vice versa
• Appendix providing all vocabulary items occurring more than 30 times in the New Testament
• Maps from the UBS Greek New Testament
New in this revised edition:
• Textual notes providing an overview of the most important differences between major Greek manuscripts
• Old Testament references in the margin
Dr Barclay M Newman was Chair and Chief Translator of the Contemporary English Version (CEV) of the Bible, first published in 1995 by the American Bible Society, then in 2006 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons (Penguin Books) as Seek Find: The Bible for All People. He was a member of the Old Testament Committee for the Good News Bible (Today’s English Version) published in 1976 by the American Bible Society (ABS), and he chaired the revision that was published by the ABS in 1992 as the Good News Translation.
|Dimensions||24 × 16 cm|