Author: Kevin Ahern
Publisher: Orbis Books
Special Order Item
Twenty-two young Catholic theologians from around the world explore the future of ethics, dialogue, ecclesiology, liturgy, and ministry.
Fifty years after the Second Vatican Council, emerging theologians are in a unique position to offer hopeful visions for the next fifty years in light of the pressing internal and external challenges the church faces today. Rooted in the texts of Vatican II and a deep commitment to the church, Visions of Hope brings together the research of leading young scholars around five important topics: dialogue, ecclesiology, ethics, liturgy, and ministry.
These ideas represent the future shape of the church because they are from the theologians who are planting the seminal ideas of the church of tomorrow.
- Charles Ochero Cornelio, President, International Movement of Catholic Students
- Sandra Arenas Pérez, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belguim
- Massimo Faggioli, University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)
- Heather Miller Rubens, University of Chicago Divinity School
- Sofia Seguel Ñancucheo, the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Krista Stevens, Fordham University, New York
Kevin Ahern of Boston College is past president of the International Movement of Catholic Students (IMC-Pax Romana-MIEC), which brings together more than 75 national federations of Catholic university students from six continental regions. He has also edited The Radical Bible (Orbis, 2009).